Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2005

Sunday, August 14th, 2005

Pretty slow this Sunday, but what do you expect? It's Sunday. Since church gatherings are over and the breakfast crowd is out of the way, Steven and I decided to give the mall a little visit.
It was around 5pm, after I had taken a nap thinking I had to work night shift in Tavares and being abruptly awoken by none other than the king with the good news of my call off, that we decided to make a run for it. We were going to the movies. I had been very excited to see The Skeleton Key, that, by the way, is not worth the money. The Skeleton Key was not going to start until 7pm, therefore, we bought the tickets for it anyway, ate some nasty chinese food at the food court, and went inside to see The Dukes of Hazzard.
Steven had told me all kinds of things about the series from the 70's but I had never seen it myself. I figured it's gonna be a comedy at least. So, we went in and loved the stupidity of the story line. Steven told me all about Boss Hogg and the crooked cop, the sherriff, and Daisy, and even the story about the confederate flag on top of General Lee. It was pretty cool for a comedy. I liked the scene with the oncampus cops trying to arrest them on their little golf carts. "Mother of God," they used the same line and the same cop from the movie "Super Troopers."
Check the following link for "Super Troopers" clips: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2402062
I love that stupid movie. Anyways, loved the movies, loved my Sunday, loved not working.

No comments: