Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2007

12/24/07

Good day today…Super cold though! Lake effect snow and the wind chill factor made it feel like zero degrees. We went to Walmart and to Kohl’s. Finally finished our Christmas shopping! The Bears beat the Packers today! Too bad they’re not going to the playoffs.

This last Wednesday I went to Alexander’s first month’s doctor’s visit. On my way there I called Francisco who was in the Plaza Las America’s parking lot fighting with the other drivers cause they were driving against traffic. Turns out he was the one driving the wrong way. I told him I opened the Christmas present he sent me early. He said that the present he sent was from Afghanistan. I already knew that, but he also told me that the jewelry he sent me was real sapphire. I also called Emilse that day, who I invited to come to our house this week. She apparently decided against it. Picked up an extra shift!

On Wednesday, we also decided to go to the mall and take the kids to take pictures with Santa Clause. It was funny because Jasmine was all about Santa until it came time to sit in his lap. She was insane. We tried as hard as we could to take the picture as fast as possible. The pictures came out as good as they were going to. Steven’s hand is in the shot. You can see the huge scratches that Claire gave him the night before when he tried to get him out of Jasmine’s room. That day, we decided the cat had to go.

Also on Wednesday, Steven gave me my Christmas present early. He gave me a beautiful, super portable, blue 8.3mp Fujifilm Digital Camera. I love him so much. I felt a little bad cause I’d been giving him a hard time about some missing receipts. Since I’ve been keeping track of our finances, I’m like the receipt Nazi. He finally handed me the receipt I’d been nagging him about. It contained the digital camera which is why he was hiding it.

Alex is one month old and I’m trying to diet. Maybe I should just consider getting a tummy tuck and get it over with. Steven asks me if beauty and vanity is worth my life.

I saw In Pursuit of Happiness with Will Smith yesterday. Steven and I were so affected by it because of the whole father-son thing. He was such a good daddy. I cried, and I know Steven wanted to cry also, but all he kept saying was… “I don’t know why, but this movie is killing me. It’s different when you have kids.” The poor guy was so broke in that movie. Steven also kept remembering how he was so stressed about money when he was about to start school. The prospect of not working for two and a half years made him sick. I’m sure getting divorced and being threatened to be ruined financially didn’t help much with his anxiety levels. “Being broke sucks,” he said.

I’ve been talking to Evelyn a lot. She’s 28 weeks pregnant now. By the way, Alex weighed 9 lbs and his length is 21.5 inches now. The doctor gave me some drops cause he has blocked tear ducts. That’s ok, men don’t cry… LOL!

No comments: