Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Visit to Mike and Jenny's on Sept 29th, 2007!

It's been a while since I'd seen my old friends Mike and Jenny Hobson! We used to hang out together ALL THE TIME back when I lived in Chicago. Now it seemed as if Steven and I were out to go on a blind date with another married couple. Too funny! Everything turned out perfect though! We drove to downtown Chicago and spent about 15 minutes looking for parking. Just as we were about to give up though, a spot magically appeared. I almost killed Steven of a heart attack cause he was about to turn left when I saw a guy getting in his car straight ahead. I started screaming and he told me to calm down. I just kept on screaming, as if raising my squeaky voice would actually make the process go faster. I would have gotten out of the car and commited a felony if someone dared park at MY SPOT, because I SAW IT FIRST!!!

Finally parked, we walked over to their condominium. About 23 floors later we arrived. They'd just gotten home from house hunting and shopping at CostCo. Their summer had been filled with european vacations. Jealous! They spent a month in the Greek Islands, not to mention other places that I can't remember at the moment (I'm so jealous I can't even remember!). It's what happens when you have children, your vacations are kid friendly. I can't wait until we can find someone we can leave our children with while we take a weekend getaway. Keep dreaming Frances!

Jenny and Mike haven't changed one bit. I'll dig around and see if I can find some pictures of them back when I met them, and pictures of them now. They seem thinner and happier, while Steven and I are fatter and happier. Some people just handle happiness diffrently. LOL.

Mike was always the awesomest photographer. His pictures turned out better than ours, but I still haven't received them. I'll keep reminding Jenny!

After our trip to the roof terrace, we went downstairs to eat an amazing dinner prepared by Jenny! The conversation never died down, and Steven even opened up about not so pleasent topics that he doesn't usually share with just anyone, which was impressive. Jenny's questioning paid off :-). It made for interesting chit chat.

After dinner, we decided to take a stroll down to Michigan Avenue. Everyone in the world must've had the same idea we had, because you could barely walk. The Cheesecake Factory was packed. It was unbelievable, the people you see. So many diffrent cultures in one place. It was pretty amazing, and the weather was fabulous. We caught up on the past and basically got to know each other again. It was a great night!

























No comments: