Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Scary contractions!!!

It's been quite a day for me! Started last night though! I couldn't sleep a wink because I kept having contractions throughout the night. Makes me feel bad for Steven who has to get up early to go to work. All I did was toss and turn, and complain. Steven was worried, and so was I. It's just too early to have a baby. If I was 36 weeks pregnant, I wouldn't be so worried. I woke up this morning, and the contractions continued. I called the doctor and they told me to come in and get monitored. Steven was more than pleased when I told him I was on my way to the hospital to get checked out. He'd been trying to convince me to do that very same thing since the night before. Stubborn me!
I got to the hospital and they immediately hooked me up to the machines. Steven made his way into the room I was in and eventually punched out officially so he could be with me, even though he was on call.
After about three hours, a cervical length ultrasound, and a pelvic exam, they decided to send me home! Pelvic Rest they said! Steven took this picture of me while I laid there being monitored!
Don't I look miserable? I was watching the Cubs lose that's why? I think the contractions must have something to do with the fact that we are closing on our home tomorrow. I think the anxiety is making me have contractions. I'll take a couple of Tylenol PMs tonight and sleep like a baby!

No comments: