Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Apple Picking at the Orchard!!!

Today, out of all days, Jasmine and I have plans. I woke up this morning determined to find out whether or not these people were planning on moving out of OUR HOUSE anytime soon. We closed on Friday already! When we went there on Friday, it looked like they were almost done. How much stuff can they have? I called the lady myself, she said that her husband was planning on dropping off the keys at the real estate office in Valpo in a short while. I was happy and sad at the same time. Steven had mentioned that if they returned the keys, that he would not be joining Jasmine and I to the Apple Orchard, where I was to meet Angie and her bunch for an afternoon of apple picking. I was disappointed, but I understand that this is Steven's day off and he wants to get started with the move right away.

When he went to the house with the first truck full of stuff, the EX-OWNERS were still there. They returned the keys, but they were still there...and remained there...for a few more...HOURS! Steven skipped out on a family day of fun, just to sit around chit chatting with what I can honestly say, are weird, old, people. Is that rude to say? If it is, I'm sorry...but it's the truth. He waited and waited, while Jasmine and I were having fun.

Not too much fun though. Wes had to carry Jasmine most of the time because I am on modified bed rest after Thursday's episode with the contractions. It's gonna be very frustrating not being able to be of much use during the process of moving.

Steven helped throw away their trash and everything. He did anything to help speed up the process. When Angie's family and I left the orchard, we decided to go to the house because they hadn't seen it yet. Guess who else was there! Yes, you guessed it. The ex-owners were still there, and Steven had missed our family day! Frustrating!!!

Angie and her family left, and eventually (a couple of MORE hours later), so did the ex-owners; who before they left, reminded Steven of how opposed they were of anybody cutting down 'their trees.' What???? I believe that when we signed on the dotted line at the title company on Friday, that house officially became OURS. We can do whatever we want with OUR TREES...

Jasmine can't get enough of the big house. She loves the open spaces of the empty rooms. She runs around like a big girl. She really did enjoy picking apples too. I had to keep an eye on her though, she kept trying to pick apples from the floor (rotten apples). I guess it's easier than reaching up to grab it from the branches!!!



After doing as much as we could do in the new house, we went back home, where we had some more packing to do! We decided it would be easier to put Jasmine in a box, rather than carry her around. LOL!



No comments: