Search This Blog

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Our honeymoon!

After little to no planning, Steven and I took off to Sebastian, FL for two days of fishing and relaxation! Steven got off work late on Thursday night which made us be right on time for the afternoon traffic jam that Orlando is OH SO Famous for! At least 3 accidents along the way; Translation: Rubberneckers! I fell asleep on the way and Steven had to endure most of the aggravation. We found the hotel with no problems and I must admit it was very nice!

This is the view from our window! I was very surprised when I looked out the next morning, after the Sun was out, the view was amazing.

This place was destroyed by one of the hurricanes last year. On their website, you can see pictures of the damage. www.hirams.com
Funny story about the Sebastian Inlet. IT IS NOT IN SEBASTIAN, FL...ITS IN MELBOURNE BEACH, FL...ABOUT AN HOUR AWAY FROM OUR HOTEL... Steven was a bit aggravated because I said I'd been there before, but you would think that if we're going to the Sebastian Inlet, you'd get a hotel room in Sebastian, FL! At least the hotel was nice! It was VERY COLD that day and look at how we were dressed! It was the final cold front that FLorida was gonna have because Spring is here already. Sure, we had to go fishing that day in short sleeves. I was ready to be sweating all day! We spent a good three hours sitting down, eating candy, and talking, but the only thing we didn't do was CATCH A FISH!Everyone around us had luck except us. We were cold and unlucky, WHAT A COMBINATION! One guy even caught a Stingray! It was too much. We got out of there and went back to the hotel (an hour away).

We napped the rest of the afternoon, remembering the reason why we were there, OUR HONEYMOON, NOT FISHING! We got dressed and went down to the restaurant. They had a live band playing on the sand bar and another playing on the restaurant. We were seated promptly and we ordered SEAFOOD! The catch of the day for Steven, and crab legs for me (1 lb). It was awesome. We even went for ice cream afterwards. Our drive back on Saturday morning was nothing like our drive there! We were back in Orlando in 1 and 1/2 hours. The trip was wonderful and I had a great time. I love being married!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hola frances, soy Emilse pues yo pense que la bebe ya nacio y me moria por mirar las fotos de esa preciosisima baby pues mi embarazo esta muy bien, tengo 3 meses y 12 dias que eso es como 15 semanas. Lamame, pues si te llamo no me contestas, pues yo me imagino que estas muy ocupadisima con lo la familia que poco a poco se hace grande. te recordamos mucho todos los dias Eduardito y Emilse