Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Fire at Lexington Apartments!

I was watching TV while Steven was at work, and I heard lots of noise outside my door. There were people banging at the doors telling us we had to leave, there was a fire nextdoor! I took Vicky and Salsa with me to the other bedroom, but I couldn't find Claire anywhere. He was hiding in the laundry room. After almost giving up and letting him burn in the fire, (worse case scenario) I found him and put him in the kennel with Salsa. I put Vicky in a bookbag and I left. The only thing I grabbed other than the pets was my purse, my phone and my keys. After a couple of minutes outside, we found out that a van parked in the back of the apartments exploded. It melted the windows nextdoor and everything! Firefighters came and they were not letting anyone back in their apartments but I snuck back in and I locked my door. I took the picture above from my window without them noticing. It was exciting, but scary. If Jasmine was born already, I think that Claire and Salsa would have been left behind. Sad, but true!

No comments: