Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

What a night!

I couldn't sleep very good two nights ago! Whenever Steven is on call at the hospital, we are kind of confined to the house, and if he gets called in, well, he has to go in. He was on call on Monday. We were watching a boxing match on TV at around 7PM and we were both so so tired. If Jasmine hadn't taken such a late nap, we probably would've gone to bed at that time. At around 8:30, we gave Jasmine a bath and put her to bed. At 9pm, Steven got called in to work. He was so upset. I was too, but he was upset cause that surgery had been scheduled for earlier in the day.

He got dressed super quick and left. I heard thunder as he walked out the door. I waited like 15 minutes to call him and it went straight to voice mail. Finally, I got a call from him. "I'm alright honey;" he said. I was panicked immediately. He hydroplaned off the road after spinning two times. The man behind him stopped to help him and called the police from his OnStar. I could hear the OnStar operator in the background as he tried to explain to me that he was fine. It was almost slow motion. I couldn't say a word. I just listened.

I waited for him to call me back because I knew that he would need his cell phone. It was the longest five minutes of my life. Needless to say that he didn't make it into work that night. He called the hospital and told them what happenned. They were concerned and told him not to worry about it. They would call someone else in.

He was very upset about the car, I of course, wanted to slap him. I couldn't believe him. I guess that was my reaction everytime I got in an accident. Once it's over, it's all you can think about, THE CAR. Yesterday, we took the car to get fixed already and it doesn't look like it's gonna kill our wallets.

Steven drove me by the tire tracks off the road yesterday. I was shocked to see how far into the ditch he'd been. He had to wait for a tow truck to pull him out because he was on top of a tree stump and he couldn't get the car out without help. I keep thinking how lucky we all were. I love him so much!!!



But changing the subject, we went to see the most beautiful home yesterday, in the most beautiful neighborhood in Boone Grove, IN. We're so excited about it. I think our plans to build have just gone Kaput!

No comments: